Image Source: Pexels
Article written by Gabriel Patel
Practicing self-care provides various health benefits such as reduced stress, improved energy levels, happier moods, and much more. During the usual hustle of life, it’s common for us to put self-care on the back burner. While in the short run you may push through without any problems, in the long run, this strategy is bound to lead to burnout.
If you’re looking to kick start a self-care routine, a visit to a beauty salon is an ideal choice. The treatment and pampering you’ll receive at the salon will make you feel rejuvenated and motivated to practice self-care as a priority. Split Endz Hair Salon explains why.
Salons Promote Relaxation
The smell of incense, calming music, and a peaceful atmosphere, this is what you can expect as soon as you enter the salon. This is the complete opposite of the commotion and chaos we experience during a typical workday. The ambiance of a salon will help you disassociate from daily stressors and make your mind enter into a calm and relaxed state.
Salons Help You Make Healthy Changes
A visit to the salon is bound to make you feel like a new person. Below we explore four popular services you can choose to experience and the health benefits of each:
● Massage Therapy: As reported by The University of Minnesota, massages invoke a natural relaxation response in our body. This results in a lower heart rate, relaxed breathing, and reduced cortisol levels. Additionally, the controlled pressure applied by the masseuse relaxes muscles, improves blood flow, and reduces stiffness. Periodically receiving massages can serve as a great way to keep stress in check and feel physically healthier.
● Haircut: According to research conducted by YouGov, over 81% of men experience high levels of self-confidence for 14 days after a haircut. This confidence transfers onto each activity they partake in, such as challenging projects at work, relationships, and more. Additionally, timely haircuts promote healthy hair growth by reducing the possibility of breakage, dryness, and tangles.
● Manicure & Pedicure: While the shiny appearance of your nails may take all the spotlight from the procedure, it also provides various other health benefits. Manicures and pedicures remove dead skin cells and thoroughly clean all surfaces of your nails, protecting you from fungal infections and harmful bacteria. Additionally, these procedures are accompanied by a massage, which helps to improve blood circulation reducing any pain or swelling in the area.
● Facial: Similar to our hair, skin also plays a major role in building self-confidence. Being conscious of our appearance can breed stress, uncertainty and also demotivate us from being social and engaging in activities we enjoy. A facial treatment can involve scrubs, masks, or essential oils that cleanse your skin of dirt and dead cells. This results in healthy, shiny-looking skin, which is soft to touch and tremendously increases self-confidence, allowing you to enjoy everything that you cherish in life.
Continuing Self-Care at Home
To ensure you reap the benefits of the salon treatment for a prolonged period, continue practicing a home-based health routine, which can include:
● Taking a Post-Work Bath: The perfect way to combat work-related stress is to have a hot water bath. Hot water is known to improve blood circulation, which relaxes our muscles and reduces stress.
● Exfoliating Your Skin: Exfoliating helps to cleanse your skin of dead cells, and dirt, resulting in a glowing appearance. Often exfoliators for the face and body need to be bought separately. Ask your salon to recommend the best exfoliating brush or scrub depending on your skin type.
● Decluttering Your Home: Develop the habit of cleaning up after yourself, whether it’s your work desk, bedroom, kitchen table, etc. Motivate other members of your household to do the same, as it will result in having a clean living space that promotes positive thinking and happier moods.
Periodic visits to the beauty salon will help maintain your commitment to a self-care routine. Whether you go for a simple haircut, massage session, or more, your visit is bound to lift your spirits and feel healthier.
Split Endz Hair Salon is a premier hair salon that’s been open for over 10 years maintaining a consistent staff of stylists to provide premium services to the residents of Coral Springs and the surrounding areas. Come visit us today in the Lakeview Shopping Center, or call for more info! 954-340-4553